Terms and Conditions
The use of any of 1st4computing's services and/or products,
including the placing of any order for any services and/or products, shall be
deemed as your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- In the following, 'we', 'our', or 'us' means 1st4computing,
and 'you', 'your', 'the client' or 'the customer' means you the subscriber
to our services. 'Services', 'account' or 'products' refers to services and/or
products provided by us to you.
- You are required to adhere to these terms and conditions
or any Acceptable Use Policies (AUP) as and when these are published by us.
If you breach these terms or those of our AUP we reserve the right to terminate
your account with us at our sole discretion without notice or refund.
- Although these Terms and Conditions are split into easily
readable sections, where appropriate all sections are relevant to business
transactions between you and 1st4computing.
- The information contained in this website may contain technical
inaccuracies or typographical errors. All information, products, services
or software made available from within this Website are provided without warranty
of any kind, either express or implied, including but not limited to, any
warranties as to non-infringement, satisfactory quality or fitness for a particular
purpose, save to the extent of any warranty given by 1st4computing contained
in any terms and conditions of sale referred to in this Website. 1st4computing
shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, consequential, special or other
damage or loss (whether in contract, tort or otherwise) arising in any way
connected with your use of this Website save to the extent of any liability
for loss or damage that 1st4computing agrees to accept in respect of any products
or services which are sold or licensed by 1st4computing subject to the terms
and conditions of sale referred to in this Website.
- 1st4computing makes no representations as to the security,
quality or propriety of any website which may be accessed through this website.
Connected websites accessed through this website are independent websites
over which 1st4computing does not exercise any control, whether financial,
editorial or of any other kind and are not in any way endorsed by 1st4computing.
- 1st4computing will not be liable to you for any direct, indirect,
consequential, special or other damage resulting from the transmission from
this Website to your computer systems of viruses, worms, trojan horses or
other destructive items, however caused, such damage to include, without limitation,
loss of profits, loss of savings, interruption to business, loss of the whole
or any part of a programme or any data howsoever stored whether saved on a
computer system or otherwise.
- Nothing in these terms shall exclude or limit 1st4computing's
liability for death or personal injury caused by the negligence of 1st4computing.
- You accept the risk that data transmitted electronically
via 1st4computing's website or otherwise may be intercepted before reaching
its intended destination or accessed by unauthorised third parties and may
be exploited unlawfully by such third parties. While 1st4computing endeavours
to secure all data using the latest Secure Socket Layer technology, 1st4computing
does not assume responsibility for guarding against the acts of such third
parties and shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, consequential, special
or other damage resulting from third parties' interception of or access to
data of whatever nature including without limitation personal data, account
details and credit and payment card information transmitted by you electronically
- All orders for products and services are subject to availability.
In addition 1st4computing reserves the right to refuse to supply any individual,
group of individuals or company for any reason whatever. There is no binding
contract for the purchase of products or services ordered via 1st4computing's
website until 1st4computing accepts your order to buy its products or services
by notifying you that it intends to meet your order or (if earlier) delivers
your order to you. In the event that 1st4computing decides not to meet your
order, 1st4computing will refund any money you have paid within a reasonable
- All contracts for the sale of products or services which
result from 1st4computing accepting an order made via 1st4computing's website
are made subject to 1st4computing's terms and conditions of sale or supply
which you shall have the opportunity of reading prior to placing any order.
- Orders are accepted subject to our right to adjust prices
quoted to take account of any changes in the law or Government regulations
requiring us to increase prices by way of direct taxation, import duties,
customs and excise duties or otherwise. The prices are based on today's current
costs of production and in the event of any increase in wages or costs of
materials to us occurring after the confirmation or accepted contract, we
shall be entitled to charge such increases to you.
- If 1st4computing changes its terms and conditions of use,
1st4computing will post the changes on this page so that you may be aware
- Because the Internet infrastructure is global, and it is
not possible to predict the routes that information sent over the Internet
will take, the information you provide may be transferred temporarily via
a route which takes it outside the European Economic Area as it passes between
you and 1st4computing. By submitting your information you consent to this
- All design, text and graphics displayed on this Website and
the selection or arrangement thereof are the copyright of 1st4computing. You
are granted permission to electronically copy and print in hard copy portions
of this Website for the sole purpose of placing an order with 1st4computing
or using this Website as a resource for placing orders for the products or
services offered for sale on this Website. Any other use of materials on this
Website (including but not limited to reproduction for purposes other than
those noted above and modification, distribution or republication) without
the prior written permission of 1st4computing is strictly prohibited.
- Where appropriate you must hold the relevant copyright, intellectual
property rights, or agreement from the holder of such rights that any artwork,
information or design supplied by you may be used for the purpose of the contract
and you agree to indemnify 1st4computing free from any claims that may be
made due to misuse.
- You are responsible for ensuring that all portions of this
Website which you electronically copy or print in accordance with the provision
of these terms and conditions of use which permit such copying and/or printing
are free from viruses, worms, trojan horses or other destructive items.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed
in accordance with the laws of England and the customer agrees to submit to
the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
- If any part of these terms and conditions or any associated
Acceptable Use Policies shall be held invalid or unenforcable, this shall
not affect the enforcablity of any other part of these terms and conditions
and Acceptable Use Policies.
Websites & Website Related Services
- Payment for our website services is required in advance.
You will be notified when renewal fees become due and will be expected to
pay them within 30 days of notification. If payment is not received within
this period the services may be suspended or cancelled.
- You should ensure you know the expiry date of your domains
and hosting services and endeavour to renew them in good time before expiry.
Either we, or the third party that is handling your domain name, will send
reminder emails to the account address as registered with us before renewal
is due. However, we cannot be held accountable if you do not receive these
emails and a domain is deleted due to non-renewal. It is very important that
you keep your account email address up to date.
- Once an order has been received, either by telephone, fax,
email or via our online ordering system, all fees become due. Once a domain
has been registered it isn't possible for us to delete the domain, so we therefore
cannot offer refunds for unwanted domains.
- As part of the registration process, you are required to
provide certain information and to update this information to keep it current,
complete and accurate. This information includes:
- your full name, postal address, e-mail address, voice
telephone number, and fax number if available;
- the name of an authorized person for contact purposes
in the case of a registrant that is an organization, association, or corporation.
- You acknowledge that providing inaccurate information or
failing to update information promptly will constitute a material breach of
this Agreement and will be a basis for cancellation of your domain name.
- You acknowledge that some of the information that you provide
during the registration process will be made publicly available as required
by the registry for your domain name. Additionally, you acknowledge that the
registry for your name may impose guidelines, limits and/or requirements that
relate to the amount and type of information that may or must be made available
to the public or to private entities.
- In addition to our terms and conditions as set out here,
you must also agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of the registries
used to secure your domain name and any third party which may act as an intermediary
between 1st4computing and the domain name registries, and any third party
which may act as a hosting agent for your website.
- In the matter of disputes regarding services or products
provided by third parties or intermediaries, you agree to be bound by the
relevant parties' dispute policy. In addition, you agree to indemnify us for
all costs resulting from any such dispute.
- When registering a domain name, you must have the right to
use the name and by registering it you are confirming that you do have that
- If you sell or transfer ownership of a domain, there may
be a charge levied by our registrars and/or intermediary for changing the
owner's name/address details, you will be liable for this charge.
- You may cancel your service at any time, but you must give
us at least 14 days notice in writing of your intention to cancel. No fees
for unused months of a service provided by us or by a third party acting as
intermediary are refundable.
- We reserve the right to take legal action to recover any
- We reserve the right to apply an administration charge for
late or non-payment of an account. This fee shall not exceed £150 + VAT plus
the amount outstanding plus any administration charges or fees imposed by
third parties acting as intermediaries.
- You may not use our website or website-related services to
promote, distribute or advertise:
- Pornography or other obscene material.
- Firearms and other weapons.
- Racist or other menacing material.
- Material which breaches a third parties intellectual
property rights including copyright or other trade secrets.
- SPAM email, including bulk email software and lists of
email addresses, except where all of the addressees have given their permission.
- Other illegal activities and activities deemed to be
in breach of the Data Protection Act.
- We reserve the right to suspend or terminate any account
or service at our sole discretion.
- Where it says "Unlimited" in any of the specifications or
features for our products or services, this means that we do not explicitly
impose any limit. There may be practical limits on the usage of these features
- We are not responsible for any use you make of our services.
In addition you agree to indemnify us against any of the effects of your use
or misuse of our services, or claims resulting from that use or misuse.
- We shall take reasonable measures to endeavor to maintain
our services, but you will not be eligible for any compensation because of
any loss or unavailablity of any service we provide. We reserve the right
to change any service at any time.
- We shall not be held responsible for any loss howsoever caused
resulting from any suspension or unavailability of any service.
- The email facilities are provided by third parties and are
intended to allow you to provide a professional presence for your domains,
they are not to be used to provide a general purpose email service like hotmail.
Printing & Promotional Items
- Payment (on pre-approved credit accounts) shall be made in
full within 28 days of invoice, unless special settlement terms have been
agreed by us in writing. Otherwise, payment is to be made prior to order processing.
- Any discounts are offered on the strict understanding that
accounts are paid by the due date and are not applicable to subsequent or
other orders, unless otherwise agreed by us in writing. We reserve the right
to invoice any such discounts to accounts which become overdue.
- The risk in the goods shall pass to you on delivery.
- All goods, delivered or not, remain the property of 1st4computing
until payment is received in full.
- Until such time as payment in full is made you shall retain
such goods separately from other goods and clearly mark them in such a way
that they can be readily identified as being our property and any payment
received by you for any sale of such goods must be held in a separate account
in trust for us. In the event of non-payment by you for such goods we will,
without loss of any rights or remedy, remove from your possession those goods
belonging to us in accordance with these conditions and we shall be entitled
to enter upon the property where the goods are stored and repossess and remove
the same. You hereby grant us irrevocable license to enter your premises for
the said purposes.
- We reserve the right to alter any details or design of products
illustrated without notice and while every effort is made to describe goods
accurately in our website or printed literature no warranty is given as to
accuracy and no responsibility will be accepted for error or mis-description
and any resulting loss.
- Every effort will be made to deliver on time, but any delivery
date specified is a best estimate and no liability is accepted for any loss
arising from delay or error in the delivery of the goods.
- Special rush deliveries can usually be arranged but will
usually be subject to additional charges (e.g. rush print charges and rush
delivery charges) which will be charged to you at current commercial rates.
- We shall be deemed to have fulfilled our contract by delivery
of a quantity within 10% plus or minus of the quantity of printed goods ordered
and you will be charged at the contract rate for the quantity delivered.
- Claims arising from damages, delay or partial loss in transit
must be made in writing to us, so as to reach us within 5 days of delivery.
- All claims with regard to the quality or quantity of the
goods shall be made in writing to us so as to reach us within 5 days of receipt
of goods or such goods shall be deemed to comply as to quality and quantity
with the terms of the contract.
- You must examine all goods delivered at the time of delivery.
We shall not be liable for any loss arising from damage caused to the goods
in transit unless loss or damage is noted on the delivery note at the time
- Claims in respect of non-delivery must be made in writing
so as to reach us within 4 days from receipt of our invoice.
- Save in so far as defects in the goods cause death, injury
or damage to personal property, our liability for any loss or damage suffered
by you in respect of the goods shall be limited to the contract value of the
- We can accept no responsibility for loss or damage from the
supply of goods under this contact unless you have fully complied with the
notification of claims procedure set out in these Terms and Conditions.
- Nothing in these terms and conditions shall affect the right
of a consumer.
- A charge will be made on all cancelled orders, together with
the charge for all work carried out up to the date of written cancellation.
- Requested Samples will be submitted on approval and will
be charged if not returned in good condition within 14 days.
- No goods will be delivered on accounts which remain unpaid
14 days after payment is due. Interest will be charged on overdue accounts,
at the rate of 5% above the National Westminster Bank plc base rate from time
to time from the date the account became due until payment is received. This
does not prevent us from pursuing payment of overdue accounts at any time
after payment becomes due and shall be in addition to and without prejudice
to any other rights we may have against you.
- We reserve the right to charge you for any legal or collection
charges where it is necessary to obtain payment from you of an overdue account
through a third party or Court proceedings.
- Any changes in quantity ordered must be made in writing to
us prior to commencement of processing. Any increase in the order must be
regarded as a separate contract unless written notification is received before
work commences on the original order.
- All artwork and print charges will be levied where necessary
unless previously stipulated by us.
- Where applicable the prices shown include printing one colour
one position from camera ready artwork supplied, for additional positions
or colours of printing please use our contact form to obtain an exact quotation.
- We will match your own house colours as close as possible
but where you specify non standard printing colours, there will be an additional
special match charge.
- Where you require a quantity smaller than the minimum quantity
shown in the price list, this is normally possible but usually carries a small
- The products displayed on this website or in our printed
literature have not necessarily been supplied to or endorsed by the companies
whose names and logos have been used. The printing of such is a guide to position
and printing effect only. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.
We will not be held responsible for failure or delay in the carrying out of
our obligations under the contract arising out of any cause outside our reasonable
control or by inability to procure materials or articles except at higher prices
due to any such cause and in such circumstances we shall be entitled by notice
to terminate the contract in whole or in part without incurring any liability
whatsoever to you.